Sunday, December 12, 2010

Review:The Malted Milk Ball Falcon

The Malted Milk Ball Falcon

Summary:

  A piñata filled with delicious chocolate goes missing from Whit’s End. Only a few people were in the room at the scene of the crime, leading Emily Jones to investigate “whodunit!”

Review:

  The Malted Milk Ball Falcon reminds me (as it probably does everybody) of "Broken Window."  Everyone was accusing each other and then it turns out that Mr.Whittaker is the culprit. From listening to this episode many times before I could tell where this episode was going.
 
I was very glad to see that Emily didn't once again solve the mystery with her amazing detective skills.
 
  I also thought that Emily was unrealistically energetic after staying up "all night". Earlier she said, "That must have been during my hallucination faze. So how did she go from being so tiered that she was hallucinating to running from house to house solving a mystery? I don't know.

  Acting/Characters:  Whit sounded a little bit more unwhit-like  than normal. I thought that it was especially bad when he said, "I know I can Emily." I like the sound on Andre's voice but it just doesn't sound at all like Whit. I almost don't even think of this whit and the old whit as the same person. And what I mean by that is that it doesn't seem possible that the new Whit could have known Jimmy or that the old Whit could know Emily or Barrett.
  I have really started to like Jay a lot. I think (although my mom doesn't agree with me) that Jay is better than Rodney. I think he's funny and he seems more like the type of person that teases people but doesn't physically hurt them. And Rodney was just getting too old, he first appeared in album 7 and stuck around until his last appearance in album 49. He was picking on kids from the generation of Isaac Morton to kids like Grady McKay. I think that it was way past time for him to move on.
  Georgina Cordova does an absolutely amazing job of doing Nelson. I often forget that he is played by a girl.

Humor: This episode was also funny. I found a lot of humor in jay and in my favorite line, "You took more bathroom breaks than a hyperactive puppy."

Lesson: Last time it seemed as though the writers came up with a good  (having the Parker kids go crazy) and then throwing in a lesson about responsibility. This time the lesson about honesty seemed like it actually was the point of the show. I also was glad to hear Whit mention God, "The only money that God will honor is the money that you come by honestly."
 
  I liked this episode a lot I give it 4.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!