Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review: Wooton's Broken Pencil Show

Wooton’s Broken Pencil Show
Summary:
In a last-minute replacement, Wooton Bassett hosts his own Kid's Radio show and is forced to ad-lib for a half-hour. Will his show have a point?
Review:
  Plot/Writing:  The plot of this show did not follow the usual structure of an episode; that’s okay but in this case I didn’t enjoy it. Between Eugene’s Science by design, Connie’s car alarm going off and Wooton’s Captain absolutely show I thought that it was too confusing.
   Acting:   The acting in this episode had the usual ups and downs of an Odyssey episode. I thought that Jess Harnell did a wonderful job in both Wooton and Captain Absolutely.
  On the other hand I did not like Andre Stojka’s performance much as Thug Clockripper so much. His voice was a little bit too high and sounded kind of annoying.
    Humor:   Of course this episode did have some funny moments since it was focused around Wooton but it was not as funny as I had hoped for. I thought that the funniest part was when Wooton did the wrap up of the show.
  
  Lesson: The lesson, due to the writing and plot was also confusing. I didn’t really see how Connie’s car alarm going off, the science by design and the fact that entertainment should have a point really connect.
  Overall I thought that this episode was a little bit sloppy and disorganized, but at times was humorous I would give it a 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!