Friday, October 8, 2010

Mystery of the Clock Tower Review

  This is a review of both parts to "Mystery of the Clock Tower", but don't worry I didn't give anything away.

Mystery of the Clock Tower
Part 1 and 2

Summary:
Part 1
  Eugene Meltsner and Matthew Parker investigate why the clock tower at City Hall seems to be stuck at 11:45. Could it have something to do with the anniversary of a lost love from twenty years ago?
Part 2
 In spite of Eugene's best efforts, the computer that controls the town clock is not responding and now the clock has begun a backwards countdown to a potential disaster. But who is behind the plot and why? Is a broken heart to blame? Can the mystery be solved before it's too late?


Review:
  Plot:  First off I should say that I did like the plot and writing of these two episodes. While it kept my interest the whole time I thought it was a little bit complicated. I think that they should try to keep the plots simple for the age group that they are writing for. It’s hard to get a balance between the two extremes of being too complicated and being boring.
 
  Acting: This was the first appearance of the new Odyssey mayor, Spencer Hicks. I thought that Dave Fennoy did a wonderful job! I really love his voice. I hope he starts to become more of a main character.
  I think that Andre Stojka is starting to get used to his role and I think that I as a listener am getting more used to him. The only think that he could work on is his Whit laugh I think it’s still a little bit too high and not quite gentle enough.

 Lesson:  The lesson for these episodes was being sure your sins will find you out. I found this episode to have a very spiritual aspect to it witch is always nice. I don’t like an episode as much when the lesson is so vague.

Over all I loved this episode and I thought that it was a great choice to start the season off with. I would give it 4/5.

2 comments:

  1. Is the name of your blog "Life and Odyssey" or "Living in Odyssey"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Living in Odyssey but I messed up on the adress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!