Monday, November 15, 2010

Review: The Owlnapping

The Owlnapping

Summary:
When the Odyssey Middle School basketball team’s mascot is stolen, they suddenly start losing all their games. The team considers drastic measures to get back their good luck charm.

Review:

Plot/Summary: I thought that the first scene when Murray is meeting with Vance was a little exaggerated, but that was okay since it made the episode more exiting.
  It really freaked me out when Ryan ran into the theater and yelled, "Princess Baba is really the twin of Prince Jessup." (or however you spell that) I thought that he said Prince Jessa and although I was thrilled to hear my name on AIO I didn't like that it was referred to as a boy name. I have never heard of anyone else named Jessa Much less a boy. So I had to listen to that part over and over again until I heard Vance say Jessup (or at least I hope that is what it was). And my brother agreed with me.
  Please comment and tell me what you think he said.

Characters/Acting: I am really surprised that I haven't heard anyone mentioning that Pete is played by Robin Knight (Seth Young). This drove me crazy the whole episode. Even though Seth wasn't a main character he was in four episodes it really bothered me.
  I also didn't like the acting of Brad when he follows Pete and says really loud and over the top, "Did you make the exchange!" If he was wondering if he made the exchange I would think that he would whisper it or something.
  And the voices of the other players behind Brad sounded more like adults instead of kids in middle school.
  I was really glad to see Ryan and Coach Fang back. And I couldn't help but notice that Vance was voiced by a different actor.

Humor: I loved the appearance of Coach Fang. I love his poetic stuff that always relates to nature. Especially when he said, "Be shot through the hoop yourself. Be the hoop. Be the scoreboard increasing by two when you shoot yourself through yourself.

Lesson: The lesson that God is the only on that has power was very spiritual.
  
Overall loved it except for a few flaws in the acting, and the misuse of my name (if it was used at all). I will give it a 8.5/10.

3 comments:

  1. Agree with you on Pete. I didn't like Seth's voice to begin with, but bringing the same voice back with a different character doesn't work.

    I'm hovering between "Prince Jessa" and "Prince Jessup." It could be either. :-) I wouldn't take it personally, since it was in the context of a fantasy movie.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that should have been Seth. I mean bring back the character if you're gonna bring back the voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't understand why they had to pick Robin Knight out of all the other voice actors in the world when he has played a previous character.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!