Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: "A Penny Saved"

"A Penny Saved" wasn't the episode that I was expecting it to be. It was something that gave us a sort of resolution to the previous album. I think it was probably to hold us over and keep our minds somewhat on the story line of the "Green Ring Conspiracy," since we will be continuing that story line later on next year.

I was expecting that it would be covering the false Christianity that Penny and Dr. Trask were a part of, but I guess that we will have to assume that they got that sorted out in between the lines. Rather than being saved in matters of salvation she was saved in that she was given a place to live.

There was also the return of two characters that I wasn't expecting. There was Ted Humpfries, a news reporter and Detective Polehaus. I am assuming that these characters will be as others have previously, they will show up every once in a while, but enough so that we will view them as consistently occurring characters.

In "Wooton Knows Best," Wooton was more of a wise/extremely odd person that he used to be, but again he went back to his rambling that serves as more of a distraction than a help or a character. He sounded like just background noise that added clatter to the scene.

When I heard the plot of the story starting to close my thoughts were, "That was an episode?" It didn't seem like there was much to it. It left me not knowing what happened, I mean Penny was lost and then they found her, it seemed like there should be more to it than that. I wasn't sure of what the moral was either; so I looked it up on the back of my album and it said, "Love always protects." I guess it is fitting, Connie and Wooton were showing Penny love by looking out for her, it might not be strong but it fits.

Rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!